About Tobacco Tips from Maine's Mid Coast Hospital
Think about tobacco use:
do I want to quit?
- My health
- My health as I age
- My ability to care for myself
- My desire to experience the
milestones in my family
- To watch my grandchildren
grow up; be part of their lives
- More time and money for other
Tips for getting ready
- Make a plan and get
- Talk to the people who can
help you, including your doctor.
- Write down why you want to
- Investigate the medications
- Study your tobacco use: who,
what, where, why, when.
- Make a list of enjoyable
activities to distract hands, mouth, and mind.
- Tape a small photo of one of your children or grandchildren
to your cigarette pack.
- Learn to breathe deeply -
it can calm you the way a cigarette does now. In time
and with practice, even more so.
Maine Tobacco Helpline 1-800-207-1230
Healthline at Mid Coast Hospital (207) 373-6585