Welcome to Mid
Coast Hospital Wellness
Five Tips for avoiding the flu.
- Get a flu shot early in the season.
- Wash your hands often with either traditional soap
and warm water or an alochol rub product.
- Cover sneezes and coughs. Sneeze into the arm of
your clothing (check out the video at http://www.midcoasthealth.com/flu/).
Teach your children "Cough Etiquette."
- Stay away from others with the flu as much as possible.
(Wash your hands immediately if you come in contact
with someone who is sick.)
- Get outdoors. (In the winter, central heating dries
you out making your body more vulnerable to the cold
and flu bugs. You are more vulnerable to germs when
you stay in confined areas where more germs circulate.
And if you get some exercise outside, that boosts
the body's natural ability to fight disease.)
For more information, visit: