Welcome to Mid Coast Hospital Maternity
Comprehensive, High-Quality Maternity Care Close to Home
Mid Coast Hospital Maternity is a state-of-the-art, family-centered birthing center conveniently located in Brunswick. Patients will labor, deliver, recover and spend their postpartum day(s) in one private room overlooking our Mid Coast Hospital Healing Garden, a peaceful, calm setting for you, your baby, and the entire family.
Our comprehensive team of OB/GYNs and Certified Nurse Midwives (CNMs) are here to support you every step of the way. We offer:
Steps for Safe Sleep
- Always place baby on his or her back on a firm sleep surface that isn't inclined.
- Avoid overheating your baby. Don't dress them too warmly for sleep and keep the room they sleep in at a temperature that would be comfortable for adults.
- Dress your baby in a one-piece sleeper or wearable blanket instead of loose blankets.
- Remove all soft bedding, toys and bumpers from baby's sleep space. Use only a fitted sheet.
- Breastfeeding lowers baby's risk of SIDS by 50%
- Avoid exposing your baby to smoke and nicotine. Cigarette and other smoke can linger on clothing.
- Avoid alcohol, marijuana, opioids and illicit drugs during pregnancy and after birth.
- Share your room, not your bed. Your baby should sleep in your room, on a separate sleep surface that is designed for infants lie a crib, bassinet or portable play yard.
- Offer a pacifier at nap time and bedtime. If breastfeeding, you can offer a pacifier after 1 month.
- Take your baby to their pediatrician regularly and make sure all immunizations are up to date.
Take our online tour today, or call us at (207) 373-6500 to speak with one of our maternity nurses or nursing assistants.
Harold Alfond ® Scholarships & Grants
All babies born in Maine, including Mid Coast Hospital Maternity, are eligible to receive a $500 grant through the Alfond Scholarship Foundation. Maine philanthropist Harold Alfond launched this program to ensure access to higher education for all of Maine’s children.
Learn more about the Harold Alfond Scholarship Foundation